DOVE Center is a community resource for all victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; in addition, it is a community partner in prevention and awareness education to help decrease these incidents of abuse. More specifically, DOVE offers the following services:
- Shelter that is safe, caring, and confidential for women and children who have been victimized by sexual assault and/or domestic violence.
- Counseling for those coping with past or present abuse situations. We also help clients develop safety plans, assist with protective or restraining orders, and provide free weekly therapy groups
- 24-hour help line for anyone with questions or concerns about abuse in their own life or in the life of a loved one, as well as to connect victims to resources (435-628-0458).
- Referrals to community resources for abuse victims that support them in finding self-reliance, healing, and peace.
- First response and emotional support to rape victims, helping them work with medical and law enforcement officials in the ER immediately following the attack.
- Community presentations about the signs of dating violence, sexual assault, and domestic abuse, providing awareness and prevention tips for teens, college students, and the community at large.
DOVE Center’s vision is a community informed about the resources, hope, and healing available to victims of abuse, as well as the causes, signs, and impact of rape, sexual assault, and domestic violence on individuals, families, and communities.
DOVE Center’s mission is to build a community of peace one person, one family, and one home at a time. We strive to do this by providing confidential shelter, advocacy, and counseling to support victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. We work to increase safety in our community by building collaborative partnerships and providing awareness and prevention education
DOVE is a safe zone for all people, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or mental and physical ability. Our services are available in English and Spanish.
DOVE Center provides support groups for women who have experienced any form of domestic abuse, either past or present. Gain support as you work to reclaim yourself and establish independence. Support group for children is also available. Learn more at https://dovecenter.org/our-services/counseling-and-support-groups